Thursday, November 20, 2008

SERVICE POST #2


The next time I volunteered I was not in the hot sun or the luxury of getting doors slammed in my face. Oh no, this time I was lucky to get angry people yell at me on the phone. However, it was much more enjoyable than canvassing. It was a weird room and we all got our own phones and our own seats to make everyone of our calls. I decided to park on the random couch in the room, more privacy and in an isolated corner. At first my calls contained of people who had already been called and were mad at me! At me of all people! But as time went on, I began to talk to some interesting people. One woman I talked to said that she would have never imagined voting for a black president. She talked about her family and how when she was growing up, her family looked down on other races and now she felt “awesome” by defying her family and voting for a black man aka Obama. What was funny was that she was 65 years old and the thought of defying her parents was still a thrill! I also got to sound like a robot when I left the standard prompt messages…which I guess is always great…

Wait till you hear about election day…


No comments: