Monday, November 17, 2008

SERVICE #1


The day was November 1st when I started my serivice hours and I was actually glad that I waited until the last minute because that was when the election was the worst and people were determining their decisions. I had yet to know what I was in for and I knew that what ever I was going to do, I was going to hate it regardless. Not that I have a problem with volunteering, but it was the day after Halloween and I was tired from a night of fun. Anyway, I showed up at 10 AM like I agreed to and instantly knew I was not making any calls or licking any envelopes. It was hot and sticky outside, surprising for Noevermber 1st. So anyway I ended up canvassing and getting doors slammed in my face. Some did not speak english, some looked at me with a blank stare and others were just mean. I was so glad when my four hours were up because I was about to legit quit and not do the project!

Oh and I dropped flyers in front of someone's house...


No comments: