Thursday, June 11, 2009

CE #4

Finally, my last current event ever...well atleast for high school. Well, for my last current event I thought that I would do something in your face, hard hitting, and true journalism...which of course are all aspects of Seventeen Magazine! And there could not have been a better topic...TEEN PREGNANCY. With the startling statistic that "3 out of 10 girls will become pregnant before they turn 20" is not only crazy but makes me ponder the activity and knowledge of my generation. Well, what ever happened to protection? Common knowledge like this also makes me wonder about the intelligence of my generation. I think that while teen pregnancy is inevitable, it can be prevented and that sometimes, people should just think about their actions. But in the case of pregnancy, it is good to know ones options in a life changing event. That's why I think media has been a great help in educating young minds like myself, such as Seventeen Mag, the internet, and shows like "16 and Pregnant" which will air this summer on MTV. So, a lesson learned is to be well educated and to make important decisions...not dumb ones!

No comments: