Saturday, January 3, 2009

Political Cartoon #3

What a perfect way to bring in the New Year...with a hangover! Just kidding...but really this cartoon is titled "New Years Hangover" and despite what you might think is an alcohol hangover is really a "debt hangover." I really like this cartoon because it is so fitting with the times and is creative. Its giving the idea that America is drunk off of debt and the "pain killers" are used to cure the pain of this debt not physical pain. I also like how 2009 is represented by the baby, even though traditional, I think it also symbolizes that with 2009's lack of maturity comes an overwhelming issue that everyone is caught in. Out of most political cartoons this has to be my favorite. Now I don't know what that ax is doing in the picture...

No comments: